Reddit community and fansite for the free-to-play third-person co-op action shooter, Warframe. The game is currently in open beta on PC, PlayStation 4 & 5, Xbox One & Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch.
A place to show off Captura shots, colour schemes and designs of your frames, weapons, sentinels, kubrows, lisets and more in Warframe. Credit to DasterCreations for our amazing logo & u/EmuRuby for winning our banner competition
The premiere place for memes and fluff posts relating to Digital Extremes massively popular Warframe! Sister subreddit of /Warframe.
TL;DR (spoilers): You, and anyone who wants to try the challenge with you if it's a multiplayer game, are a trans ally, and your job is to collect $25,000 or the equivalent thereof in in-game money (rounded up to the next smallest divisible part) for your transgender friend's transition in less than 31 in-game years. Everything is allowed. You do not have to finish the game.
Want a new and interesting way to play your favorite videogame? I got one with a transgender theme that is interesting, challenging, easy to implement, and compatible with almost any videogame, so it's a Mario challenge
, a Pokémon challenge
, a Minecraft challenge
, and so on and so forth, all at the same time!
You, and anyone who wants to try the challenge with you if it's a multiplayer game, are a trans ally, and your job is to collect money to pay for your transgender friend's transition. You win by acquiring enough in-game money. You are allowed to consult the internet, use passwords from the internet, commit in-game crimes
, purchase microtransactions, abuse glitches
, use cheat codes, and even hack the game to reach your goal, but is it really worth the effort? You are kinda expected to use the easiest way to win the challenge that you know of.
The Rules Rule #1
: You have to get the money you need for a transition. In order to make the challenge less boring for you, I did the research for you and came to the result of $25,000
. However, this value might change if you try out this challenge in the far future, meaning that this challenge technically changes depending on when you attempt it. The value is expected to rise even further with inflation, or perhaps it might be reduced with the invention of more efficient surgery techniques. If the USA ever starts getting the universal healthcare system or a societal breakdown makes these surgeries impossible, this challenge will refer to the cost of the legal name & gender change, instead. And if that also ever becomes free then just choose a different country where it isn't free yet. But this is not going to change anytime soon (When do you think this challenge will become obsolete?) so, for now, you just have to remember to collect $25,000 in in-game money. This applies to every game that uses $ for in-game money. If the game uses £ or ¥ or € or any other real-world value, you'll have to convert it. Here
's an online tool for converting currencies, which also supports various cryptocurrencies and custom rate dates. If the maximum amount of in-game money you can hold at once is less then the challenge is simply impossible. This only applies to non-videogame currencies. Rule #2
: If the in-game currency is fictional then you'll have to convert it (rounded up to the next smallest divisible part). It's easy if you can buy in-game money with real money
, even if that feature doesn't work because of a glitch or something. Otherwise, you'll have to do some research. If you can't find any direct information on the internet, I would suggest starting here
to get a basic idea on how to calculate that. If there are multiple in-game currencies you are allowed to split the price of the transition among them in any way you want, provided you know the value of all of them. If there is no in-game currency then you are allowed to use points instead
. If the game doesn't have points either then you can try to invent a substitute currency
but it has to be something that would actually work as a substitute currency in the world you're in. If that's not possible either then the only way for you to win this challenge is to raise real money by doing a let's play of the game. But then you'll have to actually pay for a real trans person's transition (yourself included) or donate the money to transgender-related causes to actually win the challenge. Here
's a website that lets you donate for transgender causes. If the amount of in-game money you can hold at once
is less or you were unable to find out how much you need then you are also allowed to simply collect the maximum possible amount instead because games will never ask you for more money than you can hold for a single product
, meaning that this would have to be the in-game prize of a transition, as transitions are always for only a single person. This only applies to videogame currencies. Rule #3
: You do not need to finish the game. All you need to do to win this challenge is to get the money somehow. Please keep in mind that the exchange rate isn't constant. The exact amount you need to win the challenge has to be enough in the moment when you have the amount. You automatically win the challenge the moment this is the case. Rule #4
: You need to get the money in less than 31 in-game years. This number was calculated by subtracting the age at which children begin to have an innate sense of their own gender (4 years) from the average lifespan of a trans person (35 years). If the game has time-travelling elements, you are allowed to use those to extend the time limit. However, it only counts if this actually involves time itself and not just the timer. The same also goes the other way around: Travelling into the future
or even moving in relativistic speeds
will decrease the time limit. If the time limit runs out, I hope you have a way to return back to the past later! Rule #5
: If you can choose between multiple difficulty settings, you are allowed to choose the easiest one. In fact, you are expected to. Trans people are already on hard mode
and the idea of being an ally is to specifically use the possibilities given to you to help those with fewer possibilities than you. If you have the option to select an easier difficulty setting which would make it easier for you to win this challenge, use it. Even if you're already used to playing on a higher difficulty mode. Not doing so would be considered bad strategy on your part. You are allowed to choose a higher difficulty setting, but please only do so if this actually gives you some advantages, like more rewards, more levels, or faster gameplay. This challenge gives you no bonus points for selecting a higher difficulty setting. Rule #6
: Emulation, and all tricks that come with it, are explicitly allowed. Doing so might be against the law but it is explicitly not
against the rules of this challenge. The reason for this is because being transgender has been illegal for a long time and still is in many states, forcing many people to break the law in order to live their lives. The police have historically targeted trans and gender non-conforming folks. Stonewall was a riot against police brutality.
I am not advocating for doing anything illegal. I am, however, saying that you should never use the law to argue for the morality of anything trans-related, as doing so would be disrespectful towards a huge part of transgender history. Therefore, this rule will remain in effect even if being transgender ever becomes legal worldwide.
In order to make the challenge even less
boring for you, I have started researching loads of fictional currencies and how much money you would have to collect there for this challenge so you don't have to. A Song of Ice and Fire
- 19 Gold Dragons and 1 Copper Star or 39 Hands Albion Online
- 4,752,500 Gold Among Us
- 250,000 Stars Animal Crossing
- 2,625,000 Bells Animal Jam
- 69,833 Diamonds Animal Jam
- 2,688,173 Sapphires Apex Legends
- 2,500,000 Apex Coins Arcaea
- 2,550,000 Memories Archage Unchained
- 125,000,000 Coins Arknights
- 30,000 Originium Ashes of Creation
- 3,376,000 Embers Astroneer
- 2,500,000 QBits Avatar
- 166,666.67 Yuan Azur Lane
- 1,531,440 Gems Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning
- 2,500,000 You Thought Points Banjo-Kazooie
- 900 Musical Notes BattleTech
- 2,500 C-Bills Be Funny Now!
- 2,625,000 Gems Bioshock Infinite
- 715 Silver Eagles Bloons Monkey City
- 1,250,000 Bloonstones Bloons TD Battles
- 625,000 Medallions Bloons TD Battles 2
- 13,000,000 Monkey Money Bloons Tower Defense 5
- 19,318,182 Monkey Money Bloons Tower Defense 5
- 150,000 Tokens Bloons Tower Defense 6
- 17,500,000 Monkey Money Boomlings
- 93,750,000 Gold Brawl Stars
- 425,000 Gems Call of Duty
- 2,500,000 Points Candy Crush Saga
- 250,000 Gold Bars Change
- finish the game Chronicles of Riddick
- 150,000 UD Clash of Clans
- 2,500,000 Gems Clash Royale
- 2,500,000 Gems Cookie Clicker
- 300,000 Cookies Cookie Run Kingdom
- 2,500,000 Crystals Cowboy Bebop
- 13,461,539 Woolongs Cyberpunk
- 11,208,707,759 Eurodollars Dead by Daylight
- 2,500,000 Auric Cells Demolition Man
- 25 Credits DemonCrawl
- 3,125,000 Tokens Destiny 2
- 2,500,000 Silver Disco Zoo
- 375,000 DiscoBux Discworld
- 150.00 Ankh-Morpork Dollar or 40,000 Crowns Disney Ducks Comic Universe
Volcano Valley - 2,500,000,000 Volcanovian Pezozies
Donald Duck - 1,250 Bajillion Pecos Diablo Immortal
- 1,800,180 Eternal Orbs Disney Emoji Blitz
- 219,298,000 Coins or 1,315,780 Gems Doctor Who
- 784,094 Credits Donkey Kong
- 999 Banana Coins Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom
- 83,334 Whuffie Dragon Mania Legends
- 28,470,070,000 Gold or 950,060 Gems Dragonball Z
- 50,000 Zeni DragonVale
- 500 Trunks, 1 Bag, and 1 Pile Dune
- 15,254 Solari Dungeons and Dragons
- 198 Platinum Pieces, 4 Gold Pieces, 1 Silver Piece, and 3 Copper Pieces Dys4ia
- finish the game Egg Inc.
- 17,000,000 Golden Eggs Elite Dangerous
- 31,250,000 ARX Exoracer
- 400,000 Diamonds Fallen London
- 140,000 Fate Fallout
- 1,605 Bottle Caps Fate/Grand Order
- 42,709 Saint Quartz Felix the Cat
- 12,500,000,000,000 Bakshee Final Fantasy VII
- 1,366,121 Gil Fishing Planet
- 194,159,000 Credits or 1,941,590 Baitcoins Fortnite
- 3,125,000 V-Bucks Gaia Online
- 2,500,000 Gaia Cash or 125,000,000,000,000 Gold or 12,500,000 Platinum or 125,000 Flynn's Booties Game of Thrones
- 25 Gold Dragons Genshin Impact
- 1,500,000 Genesis Crystals Going Under
- 10,000,000,000 Styxcoin Gorilla Tag
- 5,000,000 Shiny Rocks Growtopia
- 875,000,000 Gems Guardians of the Galaxy
- 10,715 Units Guild Wars 2
- 2,000,000 Gems GURPS
- 140,108,846 Gold, 19 Silver, and 13 Copper Halo
- 57,073.82 Credits Harry Potter
- 3,401 Galleons, 6 Sickles, and 4 Knuts Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage
- 2,916,667 Crystals High Frontier 4 All
- 1 Aqua HoboWars
- 25,000 Points Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh
- 50,283,334 Gleeblos Honkai: Star Rail
- 1,620,180 Stellar Jades or 1,620,180 Oneiric Shards Hunter × Hunter
- 2,916,667 Jenny Hypixel
- 3,375,000 SkyBlock Gems or 2,500,000 Gold or 31,250 Loot Chests In Time
- 3.259 average Gregorian years Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
- 2,625,000 Vals Jacksfilms
- 138,889 YIAY Tokens Jetpack Joyride
- 250,000,000 Coins Juego de Tronos
- 8,966,966 Gold, 43 Silver, and 1 Copper Kamen Rider Build
- 25,000 Dollark Keeper of the Lost Cities
- 1 Luster Kingdom Hearts
- 18,797 Munny Kingdom of Loathing
- 2,500 Mr. Accessories Kirby series
- 3,125,600 Gem Apples League of Legends
- 3,250,000 Riot Points LEGO series
- 32 Studs Limbus Company
- 1,750,000 Lunacy Lord of the Rings Online
- 2,875,600 LOTRO Points or 359,425 Mithril Coins Magikarp Jump
- 1,250,000 Diamonds Mario series
exact price - 277,778 Mushroom Coins or 277,778 Koopabits
Dr. Mario World - 277,778 Mushroom Coins or 375,000 Diamonds
Super Mario 3D World - 👑👑👑 Lives and 99 Mushroom Coins
3D Mario games - 99 Lives and 49 Mushroom Coins
2D Mario games - 99 Lives and 99 Mushroom Coins
Super Mario Odyssey - 9,999 Mushroom Coins
Super Mario Land 2 - 999 Mushroom Coins
Bowser's Fury - 99 Mushroom Coins
Mario & Luigi: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - play until the part where you win the bet against Prince Peasley Mario Kart Tour
- 37,500 Rubies Mass Effect
- 156250 Credits Merge Dragons
- 625,000 Dragon Gems Minecraft
- 64 Emeralds Minecraft: Bedrock Edition
- 4,250,000 Minecoins Monster Hunter
- 2,625,000 Zeni Monster Legends
- 325,000 Gems My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
- 2,500 Bits My Singing Monsters
- 500,000 Diamonds Narnia
- 100,000 Lions Neko Atsume
- 1,875,000 Gold Fish Neopets
- 2,500,000 Neocash New World
- 25,000,000 Gold Coins Nineteen Eighty Four
- 25,000.00 Oceanian Dollars Ninja Kiwi
- 625,000 NK Coins Naruto
- 262,500 Ryō Odd Squad
- 25,000 Jackalope Dollars One Piece
- 2,625,000 Belly or 26,250,000,000 Extol Path of Exile
- 6,250,000 Chaos Orbs or 100,000 Exalted Orbs Pixel Gun 3D
- 750,000 Gems Plants vs. Zombies 2
- 50,000,000 Coins or 250,000 Gems Pluto Nash
- 3 Hillaries Pocket Trains
- 3,000,000 Bux Pokémon series
- 999,999 Pokédollars
Pokémon Go - 1,718,750 Pokécoins
Pokémon Sword and Shield - 175,000 Watts
Pokémon UNITE - 1,531,250 Aeos Gems Progressbar95
- 125,000 Product Keys Ratchet & Clank
- 38,462 Metal Bolts Rebuild World
- 2,625,000 Aurum Red Dwarf
- 1,308 Dollar Pounds and 25 Pennycents Rick and Morty
- 125,000 Flurbos Roblox
- 2,000,000 Robux Rocket League
- 2,500,000 Credits Roma
- 1,685,519,963 Denarius and 4 Sesterius Sea of Thieves
- 2,291,667 Ancient Coins Second Life
- 8,000,000 Linden Dollars Shadowrun
- 11,208,707,759 Nuyen or 33,626,123,276 Rubles Slow Life in Another World (I Wish!)
- 2,625,000 Nohl Snow White with the Red Hair
- 2,625,000 Dill Sonic series
- 4,556,386 Rings
Sonic Forces: Speed Battle - 2,500,000 Red Star Rings Spaceballs
- 82,667 Space Bucks Sprawl Trilogy
- 1,086,957 New Yen Spy X Family
- 8,203 Dalc and 13 Ostanian Pents Spyro
- 166,667 Gems Star Trek
- 516,235 Federation Credits or 250,000 Darsek Star Trek (Mari)
- 675,676 Renn Star Trek (United Federation of Planets)
- 12,500 Federation Credits Star Trek: The Next Generation
- 15 Bars of Gold-pressed Latinum, 15 Strips, and 6 Slips Star Wars
- 500,000 Galactic Credit Standards Stardew Valley
- 500g Stormbringer
- 186,811,795 Gold, 9 Silver, and 8 Copper Street Fighter
- 3,137 Bison Dollars Subway Surfers
- 225,000,000 Coins or 125,000 Keys Sword Art Online: Gun Gale Online
- 262,500,000 Credits Team Fortress 2
- 10,000 Keys Temple Run
- 250,000,000 Coins Terraria
- 2 Silver Coins The Ballad of Rika Strong-Arm
- 148 Gold Pieces The Battle Cats
- 750,000 Cat Food The Binding of Isaac
- impossible because you can only hold 99¢ The Elder Scrolls
- 11,004 Septim The Flintstones
- 7,813 Clams The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- 428,572 Altarian dollars The Impossible Game 2
- 2,000,000 Blocks The Number of the Beast
- 25 New Dollars The Office
- 250,000,000 Schrute Bucks The Sims
- 19,380 Simoleons The Witcher
- 83,334 Crowns or 63,452 Orens Tiny Tower
- 7,500,000 Bux Touhou LostWord
- 760,000 God Crystals Trigun
- 90,580 Double Dollars Truxton King
- 17,858 Gavvo War Robots
- 3,000,000 Gold Warframe
- 375,000 Platinum What Mad Universe
- 250,000 Credits Who Framed Roger Rabbit
- 2,808,989 Simoleons World Flipper
- 1,000,000 Lodestar Beads World of Tanks
and World of Warplanes
- 3,418,997,741,500 Gold World of Warcraft Classic
- 2,375,000 Gold World of Warcraft The Burning Crusade
- 3,500,000 Gold Coins World of Warships
- 9,375,000,000 Credits or 6,250,000 Doubloons Zelda
- 999 Rupees
The values are not guaranteed to be accurate. In fact, I have found many cases of contradictory information on the internet. But you don't care about that anyway, do you? This isn't about the exact value anyway. These are all meant to be rough estimates to give you a sense of scale.
I was inspired by my Pokémon Trans Ally challenge
that is about collecting money for a trans person's surgery. If you actually attempt this challenge you'll see that it'll usually be a very long and tedious challenge that will require a lot of experimentation, long-term planning, and doing the same things over and over again for a very long time, especially if you wanna try this as a speedrun
. If the challenge bores you out, well, that is the point
! The challenge is meant to give people with little or no sense of money an impression of how much money this really is! Now, you could argue that this challenge could theoretically be used to visualize any amount of money
, and you would technically be correct, but I still think that a transgender transition is one of the best matches for this challenge because:
- A transition is always only for one person. We aren't talking about a company buying another company or a country investing in more infrastructure. This is something within the realm of a single person so it makes sense to have this be a challenge for a single person or a small group.
- This is not a luxury item like a famous painting or a private jet. Overwhelming scientific evidence proves that this is a medical necessity that trans people require in order to live like the majority of people. It is not something you want but something you need. So you can really say that acquiring all this money is really something that they have to go through. Therefore, unless you are transgender yourself, I would really recommend you to actually play the challenge until the end, even if it takes you years to actually do so. Not for your enjoyment but to acknowledge trans people's struggles and maybe also to protest against the gatekeeping system.
- Unlike people who regularly need medications, the transgender transition is a once-in-a-lifetime thing and is therefore compatible with a challenge that you only play through once and then never again.
- Once your transition is over, it cannot be taken from you.
- It is not possible to request the costs to be paid for you if you can prove that you cannot afford it, meaning the only way to get it is to actually get the money.
- Being trans is not an illness or a disability. Trans people never did anything wrong, neither deliberately nor accidentally. They are simply born with a condition that requires them to get the money. Trans people are therefore as guilt-free as a typical videogame hero.
Do you know anything more expensive that fulfills all those criteria?
The Fun Facts
- If you collect 1,000,000 coins in Super Mario Bros. 2, you win a golden Mario statue. This is actually more money than required for the trans ally challenge!
- If payment by installments were supported by this challenge then the most cumbersome game to do this challenge in would be The Binding of Isaac, because that would require you to send at least 25,253 installments. You would have to max out your money counter every 10¾ hours on average.
- You immediately win the challenge if you try it on a game where the money you start with is already high enough. For example, in the game The Roll Ahead, you play as either Bill Gates or Steve Jobs and you start out with 35 Billion.
- In the game Anti-Monopoly, you win by losing your money. However, if you try this challenge in this game, you'll still have to gain money. This is kinda the opposite of a coinless challenge because where a coinless challenge makes positive money negative, this challenge makes negative money positive.
- Characters like the monk from Crypt of the NecroDancer, Entity from depict1, and Default Dan from Default Dan die upon touching money. Kinda makes you think, doesn't it?
- The purple coins in the Super Mario Galaxy series, the Butz in Kappa Mikey, the Glotkies in Taxi, the coins in Syobon Action, and the Rasbukniks in Li'l Abner are worth nothing.
- If World of Anime Babes was a real game then this challenge would require 1,250,000,000 tokens. As the narrator said: "Big numbers are better, right?" One way to get this money would be by selling like 1,000 in-game outfits.
- If you are playing a game taking place in the medieval time, the challenge would require you to get 411¼ medieval pennies.
- If you wanna make the monetary values more immersive, you can look at how they are depicted in the menu of microtransactions. For example, Clash of Clans groups predefined values of gems into bags, sacks, boxes, and chests that therefore represent specific amounts of gems and could therefore be regarded as higher currency units. For example, 2,500,000 gems fit into 179 chests. Sure, this won't help you with strategizing, but it will certainly make it more interesting for your audience!
- According to this article, this challenge would require you to get 129,058,751 Simeons. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to determine which franchise Simeons are from.
- The Ztars from Mario Party and the Rupoors from The Legend of Zelda are currencies that actually take money away from you, making their exchange rates negative!
- If Terrance & Phillip: Give Us Your Money was a real game then this challenge would require 10,204,200 Canadian Coins. This value was calculated under the assumption that everyone would realize that the cheapest deal is actually the best deal. One way to get this money would be by not playing the game 2,041 times. Oh good, you're already on it. But will you make it within the time limit?
- The values of LEGO Studs were calculated using the value of a human life. If you applied this logic to every game with currency units that are worth ¹⁄₁₀₀ life each then a single one of those currency units would already be enough to win this challenge and if you applied this logic to every game where 10,000 points give you an extra life then this challenge would require you to earn 32 points, but only if there isn't already an in-game currency.
- The fictional currency with the highest inflation rate I could find was in Elbonia, the rate being 1,000,000,000% daily. Despite the high time limit, I would recommend you to hurry with getting enough money there if you even can.
- The average age at the time the RTS Rise of Nations takes place in was roughly 31 years, which would reduce this challenge's time limit to 27 in-game years at most. Which would be about 2.08 real-time seconds according to estimations made by PeanutButterGamer, according to which the time limit for Diablo would be 6 in-game years and the challenge would be impossible for SimAnt.
- For obvious reasons, a society can only survive if its maximum lifespan is at least the minimum age of fertility. Due to precocious puberty, the world records for the youngest biological parents are 9 years for microgametic parents and 5 years and 7 months for macrogametic parents, meaning that the maximum lifespan of any human society must always be at least 9 years. Since 9 years are more than 4 years, it therefore follows that transgender healthcare benefits all possible human societies. Remember this if you ever attempt this challenge on a game that takes place in a society where these values are different for whatever reason, like a society of anthropomorphic animals for example.
- If the average lifespan was less than 4 years then the average lifespan of a trans person would actually be higher than the average lifespan as a whole. This is because trans people who die before the age of 4 would not be included in the statistic, due to being undetectable. If that happens, you'll have to recalculate what the statistic would be.
- Transgender surgery is older than the discovery of Pluto, modern toilet paper, chicken tikka masala, duct tape, ballpoint pens, ciabatta bread, Velcro, and Tupperware.
- The Wumpa Fruit from Crash Bandicoot are also a form of currency, as was revealed in some games. A Wumpa Fruit is worth exactly the same as a piece of gold in Skylanders. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find out what either of those are worth.
- The most valuable fictional currency that I could find was the Aqua from High Frontier 4 All, which is estimated to be a three-digit million $ amount.
- Team Kirby Clash Deluxe and Super Kirby Clash value Gem Apples differently. I based their value on Super Kirby Clash because Team Kirby Crash Deluxe only lets you purchase a maximum of 3,000 Gem Apples, meaning that Super Kirby Clash would be more practical for purchases over $29.85. Noone would accept a payment of 838 installments if a more practical way of payment is possible.
- This challenge would require 2,500,000 Nuggets in the game PokéHeroes but I didn't add it to the list because it's a fangame and I didn't wanna confuse.
/uj If you donate gold in Gaia Online, the company will donate money to charity. I find this mechanic to be a really good idea and I would like to see it more often because it enables players to support the less fortunate without having to donate their own money. Just imagine if every game on this list gave you the option to donate $25,000 worth of in-game money which would then be donated to transgender causes and unlock the Trans Ally achievement! I know it would be very cumbersome to unlock, but completionists would definitely go for it and also, it would be done for a good cause!
/rj Did you know you can make it so that every time an amount of money is shown, its value is converted into transgender transitions
Simply get Universal Automatic Currency Converter
, then scroll down to Custom display
and enter the following: Use custom display
: ☑ Custom display
: ¤ 🏳️⚧️ Custom conversion rate
/uj The original post was removed by Reddit's spam filters so I uploaded it again without the links in the list. The original list with the links in them will be in the comments.