Last night, at the Downtown Library, PUSH Buffalo and The League of Women Voters held a candidate forum for all competitive races for the upcoming common council election. Each candidate running in a competitive Democratic primary was invited. The city has no Republican primary in any district.
Under NYS only registered party members can vote in party primaries. The deadline to change your party affiliation has passed according to the NYSBOE
. The deadline to register is June 17th, any applications sent by mail MUST BE RECEIVED BY JUNE 17th.
You can check your voter registration status and your polling location here.
Information on registering to vote, along with Spanish forms can be found here. Early Voting
Early voting is open Saturday, June 17th & Sunday, June 18th, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, June 19th – June 23rd, Noon to 9:00 PM Saturday, June 24th & Sunday, June 25th, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. You can vote at any of the following
locations in Erie County, regardless of where you live. Election Day
You can vote on Election Day, Tuesday June 27th. A full list of county wide candidates in each primary can be found at the ECBOE's website.
For residents of the City of Buffalo, you can find out your council district at this link to the common council's website
. You can register for an absentee ballot at the ECBOE. On Election Day you if voting in person,YOU MUST VOTE AT YOUR DESIGNATED POLLING LOCATION
The following candidates were in attendance at the forum, which the full video can be found (when the LWV posts it) on the LWVBN's Youtube
North Masten University Not in attendance
- Eddie Egriu
- Matt Dearing
- Cedric Holloway
- Leah Halton-Pope
No representatives for Lovejoy were in attendance. In addition, incumbents Joe Golombek (North), Brian Bollman(Lovejoy), and Rasheed Wyatt (University) were not in attendance. Non-Incumbent Zeneta Everhart (Masten) was not in attendance as well.Per the LWV's empty chair rule, the absence of two candidates from each district meant that only those running for Ellicot district were allowed to speak to the audience. Recap
I will try my best in the following section to recap the event to the best of my abilities. I do not pretend to be unbiased, however, I will attempt to be fair to each of the candidates in my highlights section. Matt Dearing (Note, he will also be on the November Ballot on the WFP Line)
Matt Dearing gave several answers of policy substance. He highlighted his experience as a community relations director for the NYS assembly. Some substantive policy positions he stated included:
- A full removal of the NYS-33 as opposed to the proposed cap
- Buffalo becoming a "Sanctuary City", which would prevent city law enforcement from cooperating with federal immigration officials
- A pilot program for municipal sidewalk snow removal
- Buffalo taking steps required under the Emergency Tenant Protection Act to enact rent control
- Cracking down on code violations for landlords and expediting the inspections process
- Expanding the cities network of protected bike lanes and integrating them with the NFTA
Cedric Holloway emphasized his love of his community, his involvement in youth sports and his role as a youth mentor. He used much of his time to talk about the value of community programs. Some highlights from him include
- Expanding job training and youth development
- Expediting city allocation of lead abatement funds to property owners
- A full removal of the NYS-33 as opposed to the proposed cap
- Hiring more housing inspectors (said the city has 4, 3 of whom are currently paid using ARP funds, I would need a fact check to confirm)
Eddie Egriu highlighted his experience in the private sector and in activism. I frankly couldn't understand a lot of his answers to policy questions (at one point he gave a statement that could be interpreted as being either pro or anti-marijuana legalization for example). He included some attacks on other candidates, which I will not repeat. He emphasized
Leah Halton Pope
- A full removal of the NYS-33 as opposed to the proposed cap
- Opposition to subsidized housing development without strict affordability quotas
- "Experience" (He started every sentence in his closing statement with the word)
- Property tax relief for homeowners
Leah Halton Pope emphasized throughout the night her deep relationships across the community and all levels of government. She emphasized her experience working for the Assembly Majority leader Crystal Peoples-Stokes. Many of her answers were vague and hard to pin down on specifics, often emphasizing working with others to find solutions. For instance, on a question regarding BPD's sharing of license plate information with federal immigration agencies, she emphasized being welcoming of immigrants, and "working with our partners in the federal government" to ensure their rights are respected. On housing, she emphasized the need for housing stability but did not commit to using the ETPA, (however, she may have alluded to it).On the issue of the 33 redesign:
- Came out in support of the cap of the NYS-33 as opposed to the full removal.
If any of you were in attendance and would like to add to this, please let me know! EDITS: Formatting and spelling corrections, Addition of Zeneta Everhart to the Non-Attendance section, separated early voting and Election Day voting
PUBG MOBILE ROYAL PASS COMMUNITY CHALLENGE Contest Official Rules
- No Purchase Necessary; Entry Instructions.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS AND ON THE SKILL OF THE ENTRANT. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR WHERE REGISTRATION, BONDING OR LOCALIZATION REQUIRED. SUBJECT TO ALL NATIONAL, REGIONAL AND LOCAL LAWS. THESE OFFICIAL RULES INCLUDES AN ARBITRATION SECTION.
The ROYAL PASS COMMUNITY CHALLENGE
(the “Contest”) is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”), and the PUBG MOBILE’s EULA available at http://pubgmobile.proximabeta.com/terms.html
(“EULA”). Additional terms specific to the Contest, including deadline(s), entry method(s) and particular prize(s) may be set forth on the page which linked to these Official Rules (the “Contest Page”). By registering for or participating in the Contest, you are accepting the terms and conditions of participation on the Contest Page, these Official Rules, the EULA, and the Rulebook.
The sponsor of this Contest is Proxima Beta Pte. Ltd., a Singapore corporation with offices at 10 Anson Rd., #21-07, International Plaza, Singapore (“Sponsor”).
- Eligibility. All entrants must, as of the date of entry: (a) be at least 18 years old or the age of majority in their residence (whichever is higher), and (b) have a PUBG MOBILE game account in good standing. Employees of Sponsor, Krafton, and their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The entrant must be a registered member with their own account. In the event of a dispute as to any entrant, the authorized holder of the associated account, email address, or username will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized holder” is the natural person assigned an account, email address, or username by an Internet access provider, online service provider, social media channel or other organization responsible for assigning accounts, email addresses, or usernames. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized holder.
Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email or other account needed for participation. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email or addresses, accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated, programmed or robotic system or the like entry methods to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned.
2. Entry Methods
To participate in the Contest and be eligible for a potential prize, participants must share their in-Game Specter Slayer Set screenshots or their special trick video with Specter Slayer Set below in response to the applicable post from the applicable PUBG MOBILE social media post or post on their own account on the applicable platforms with the hashtag #PUBGMOBILE #PUBGMRPA #PUBGMOBILEC4S12 #RPAOUTFITCHALLENGE #GIVEAWAY.
· Entries must be original and not violate any third-party rights, and the entrant must have all rights necessary to submit the entry.
· Entries may not contain material that (a) is obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or violate any law; (b) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, contractual rights, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or any other rights of third parties; (c) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (d) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (e) is grossly harmful, racially or ethnically objectionable, disparaging, blasphemous, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, vulgar or offensive; (f) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (g) is violent, bullying, or threatening or promotes violence, money laundering or gambling, terrorism, or actions that are threatening or disrespectful to any person or entity; (h) harms minors in any way; or (i) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
· Entries must follow the community guidelines and terms of service of the social media platform used for entry (where applicable).
Alternate Mail-In Entry: Legibly print your full name, postal address, valid email address, phone number, and date of birth on a piece of paper or a 3” x 5” index card, along with a print-out of a screenshot from your PUBG MOBILE gameplay, and mail it in to Proxima Beta Pte. Ltd., Attention: PUBG MOBILE ROYAL PASS COMMUNITY CHALLENGE, 12777 W Jefferson Blvd., Unit E, Los Angeles, CA 90066. To be eligible for the Contest, mail-in entries must be postmarked by June11, 2023 and received by Sponsor no later than May 12, 2023.
- Contest Period. This Contest will begin on June 7, 2023 at 6am (UTC+0) and runs through June 14, 2023 at 6:59am (UTC+0) (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- Winner(s). This Contest will have ten (10) winners. All entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the Contest. The number of Contest winners is specified below in this section. The Judges’ determination of the Contest winners is final and binding, subject to the below.
· Creativity: Creativity and most eye-catching scenes/actions.
· Originality: The uniqueness of the entry.
In order to verify potential winner(s), Sponsor may require each potential winner to provide a valid ID. Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winner(s) by their PUBG MOBILE account, and/or by other means consistent with the Contest. Sponsor may contact winners in a language prominent in the country of entry of each such winner, or English. Winners must respond to Sponsor within 96 hours after notification from Sponsor.
Sponsor will notify winners on promptly following the close of the Promotion Period via their social media account and/or by other means consistent with the Contest as soon as reasonably practicable following the applicable drawing, but at least within seven (7) days of the final drawing. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification, including inactive account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner’s failure to adequately monitor any account. Participants are solely responsible for monitoring their Game account or social media account for potential prizes and must respond to Sponsor within forty-eight (48) hours or such other time frame as may be specified on the Contest webpage. In order to verify winner, Sponsor may require winner to provide a valid photo ID. Sponsor may contact winner in a language prominent in the country of entry of each such winner, or English. Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release. Should winner fail to respond to Sponsor or cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify that winner and select a new winner in a second-chance random drawing from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted.
- Prizes. The prizes are as indicated below. The prize(s) will be subject to the terms of the issuer. Winner may be disqualified if winner is unable, for any reason (including, without limitation, due to age or residence), to receive the prize from Sponsor. No substitution, assignment or transfer of the prize(s) is permitted. TAXES AND ANY OTHER COSTS, IF ANY, RELATED TO THE PRIZE ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
Each winner will receive:
· One (1) “Ultramarine Velociraptor” skin in-Game vehicle skin (approximate retail value: US$20)
- List of Winner(s). Following the event, Sponsor may announce the winners on the PUBG MOBILE social media accounts. Individuals may request the name of the winner(s) by submitting a self-addressed stamped envelope prior to 3 months from the Contest end date to Proxima Beta Pte. Ltd., Attn: PUBG MOBILE ROYAL PASS COMMUNITY CHALLENGE, 12777 W. Jefferson Blvd – Building E, Los Angeles, CA 90066.
- Conditions of Participation. By participating in this Contest, you agree to abide by these Official Rules and any decision Sponsor makes regarding this Contest, which Sponsor or its designees shall make in their sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any participant or winner who, in Sponsor’s reasonable suspicion, tampers with Sponsor’s site, the entry process, intentionally submits more than the allowed entries, violates the Contest Page terms, these Official Rules, the EULA, the Rulebook, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- Intellectual Property. Ownership of the pre-existing underlying intellectual property of the entrant remains the property of the entrant subject to Sponsor’s rights to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit the entry for the purpose of administering and promoting the Contest and for Sponsor’s marketing and advertising purposes. By participating in the Contest, each entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable license, with the right to sublicense, to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, modify, remake, and exhibit (including the right to make derivative works of) the entry and materials and information submitted on and in connection with the Contest or use or receipt of the prize for any and all purposes in any medium. Each participating entrant hereby warrants that any entry and other materials and information provided by entrant are original with entrant and do not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, and do not violate any rules or regulations. If the entry or information or materials provided by entrant contain any material or elements that are not owned by entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, entrant represents he or she has obtained, prior to submission of the entry and information or materials, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit use and exploitation of the entry and information and materials by Sponsor in the manner set forth in the Official Rules without additional compensation.
Each entrant warrants that the entry and materials and information provided do not contain information considered by entrant or any third party to be confidential, and that the entry, materials and information provided do not violate any laws or regulations. Entrant agrees that Sponsor has the right to verify the ownership and originality of all entries and that, upon Sponsor’s request, entrant must submit a written copy of any release or permission entrant has received from a third-party granting entrant the right to use such property. Entrant understands and acknowledges that in the event a submission is selected as a winning entry, and entrant’s ownership, rights and the originality of the entry cannot be verified to the satisfaction of Sponsor or is in any other way ineligible, Sponsor may select an alternate winner based on the same winner selection process set forth in these Official Rules.
Except to the extent prohibited by law, entrants waive the benefit of any “moral rights” or “droit moral” or similar rights in any country to any content that they upload, submit or otherwise provide to Sponsor associated with the Contest (“Entrant Content”). In addition, entrant grants Sponsor a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free, unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, license, with the right to sublicense, to such entrant’s name, likeness, and voice, including in connection with commercial or sponsored content. This means, among other things, that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation from Sponsor, its affiliates, or its business partners if such entrant’s name, likeness, or voice is conveyed through the game or any related services, or on one of Sponsor’s business partner’s platforms.
- Disclaimer, Release and Limit of Liability. SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, KRAFTON, PEPS, ROCKSTAR, POLARIS, ANY THIRD-PARTY SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS UTILIZED FOR THE CONTEST, AND EACH OF THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/CONTEST AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
If for any reason an entrant's Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a choosing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a choosing from all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion: (a) the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of the occurrence of any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications, equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Contest by any party, or any federal, state, local or provincial government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, or (b) any other factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, in all instances without liability to the participants. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- Hold Harmless. You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (a) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (b) the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (c) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
- Governing Law. These Official Rules and the Contest, and any action related thereto, will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, federal arbitration law and the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of laws provisions. Except as otherwise expressly set forth in Section 11 “Dispute Resolution and Arbitration” the exclusive jurisdiction for all Disputes (defined below) that you and Sponsor are not required to arbitrate will be the state and federal courts located in Santa Clara County, California and you and Sponsor each waive any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
12. Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
(a) Mandatory Arbitration of Disputes. We each agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Contest and these Official Rules or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof or participation in the Contest (collectively, “Disputes”) will be resolved solely by binding, individual arbitration and not in a class, representative or consolidated action or proceeding
. You and Sponsor agree that the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these Official Rules, and that you and Sponsor are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of these Official Rules.
(b) Exceptions. As limited exceptions to Section 11(a) above: (i) we both may seek to resolve a Dispute in small claims court if it qualifies; and (ii) we each retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief from a court to prevent (or enjoin) the infringement or misappropriation of our intellectual property rights.
(c) Conducting Arbitration and Arbitration Rules. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by these Official Rules. The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org
or by calling 1-800-778-7879. A party who wishes to start arbitration must submit a written Demand for Arbitration to AAA and give notice to the other party as specified in the AAA Rules. The AAA provides a form Demand for Arbitration at www.adr.org
. Any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) where you live, unless we both agree to a different location. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to decide all issues relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability and scope of this arbitration agreement.
(d) Arbitration Costs. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules, and we won’t seek to recover the administration and arbitrator fees we are responsible for paying, unless the arbitrator finds your Dispute frivolous. If we prevail in arbitration we’ll pay all of our attorneys’ fees and costs and won’t seek to recover them from you. If you prevail in arbitration you will be entitled to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses to the extent provided under applicable law.
(e) Injunctive and Declaratory Relief. Except as provided in 11(b) above, the arbitrator shall determine all issues of liability on the merits of any claim asserted by either party and may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. To the extent that you or we prevail on a claim and seek public injunctive relief (that is, injunctive relief that has the primary purpose and effect of prohibiting unlawful acts that threaten future injury to the public), the entitlement to and extent of such relief must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration. The parties agree that litigation of any issues of public injunctive relief shall be stayed pending the outcome of the merits of any individual claims in arbitration.
(f) Class Action Waiver. YOU AND SPONSOR AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
Further, if the parties’ Dispute is resolved through arbitration, the arbitrator may not consolidate another person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Dispute Resolution and Arbitration section shall be null and void.
(g) Severability. With the exception of any of the provisions in Section 11(f) (“Class Action Waiver”), if an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction decides that any part of these Official Rules is invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of these Official Rules will still apply.
- Languages. These Official Rules may be made in multiple language versions. In the event of a dispute as to the terms of different language versions, the English version shall prevail.
For any feedback or questions regarding these Official Rules, this Contest, winners, or prizes, you can contact Sponsor by sending an email to: [email protected]
I was inspired to make this thread after researching my local transit organization: the RTA (not even an original name), which oversees three separate transit agencies spanning four counties in Metro Detroit.
Well, "oversees" is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that previous sentence, it's basically a do-nothing umbrella organization slapped onto the top of all the transit services here.
It's so bad because the RTA has no power to raise taxes for transit outside of property taxes (which people hate), the 9 member board is appointed rather than elected, it requires a supermajority vote to plan commuter rail and a unanimous vote to plan any other type of rail (like light rail, people movers, or subways which would probably passed if the RTA's ballot measure included more of it way back in 2016).
So, what other terrible agencies are out there? I'm curious to know if the RTA is just uniquely terrible or not.
Hi, I have a question about the 3-day requirement for lenders to provide closing disclosures. We were set to close on a Friday. About a week before I asked about when we'd receive the closing disclosures, and the lender said soon. When we got 3 or 4 days out, I asked again if we were going to be able to close on time, and they said yes. When we got to 2 days, I asked again about the closing disclosures and asked if we would close on time without them, they said yes...
Friday came and they called and said "sorry, we can't close because the closing disclosures were not delivered 3 days ago" So, we ended up closing the coming Monday. This delay caused us to have to have a few additional nights of hotel (which was very expensive last minute) and costs to extend the delivery date of our storage pods, and not to mention the frustration of bringing this to their attention multiple times and them still messing it up. I am sure the sellers had costs they incurred as well.
All I can find online is that they are required to deliver the closing disclosures 3 days prior to closing, but I don't see anything about consequences for the lender if they don't do that. Does anyone know if we have any recourse with our lender?
This is on top of our lender paying a property tax bill that was not ours out of our escrow and us getting a letter from the County to show that the county sent the check back (since it was clearly not our bill to pay) and the bank can't seem to figure out how to refund us the $2,500...I'm so fed up with them.
Thanks for any input!
I'm a dual citizen between the US and a Caribbean country called Trinidad and I do have my License there. I hope this means I can be exempt from the extra step of taking the Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education (TLSAE/DATA) course. I say this because I've seen the following on the County Tax Collector's website.
"Drivers who have never held —or do not have in their possession— a driver's license from any other state, country or jurisdiction, must complete a Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education (TLSAE) course before applying for a license in Florida."
So with this out of the way, and just the Written exam and Road test to complete, any idea how many days it should all take to receive my license?
I sell homemade baked goods such as pies, cookies, brownies, banana bread, etc to people in the DMV. I live in Montgomery County.
I don't have a business license or anything of that nature. I have a website set up and the payment feature added this statement saying "you're legally required to keep track of taxes blah blah" stuff like that and it freaked me out.
I'm not doing anything significant, under 500 bucks so far. Should I be worried about taxes and licenses if I join farmer's markets?
If it matters, I plan to sell in NOVA and DC as well as Maryland.
Why is switching your CDL to texas such a pain. I have to get my car that I haven’t touched in months( I’m otr) inspected then go to county office to pay taxes then register my car before I can switch my CDL over…. Plus their offices are appointment only meaning I have to wait weeks to find a spot. Smh
Only have 30 days to register cars/new ID’s but next available appointment was July 6th. Figure i’ll go on saturday to try and get my ID so I can go to the county assessor to get my tax exemptions for registration. How bad is it on saturdays? is there one i’d have better luck at over the others?
Also what’s the late fee’s? I’m assuming they’ll still charge me those even though they are appointment only and backed up 1.5 months
I've been shopping for a car at dealerships and these fees are getting out of control. I've come across dealership fees in the 4 figures, electronic registration fee, document fees, delivery fees (for vehicles already on the lot), and other creatively named BS fees.
I thought I'd found a good price on a used vehicle, but the fees took it from 18k to 21k before tax.
Tax, tag, and title vary by the customer or county, and that money is going to the government, not the dealership. I get that.
Anything else is just additional profit for the dealership, though.
I'd love to see a law requiring them to only advertise the final before T,T,&T price. I can't see why anyone, other than dealerships, would be against this.
Am I missing something?